The majority of people think abdominal workouts are based on sit ups and crunches and require hundreds of reps to get six pack abs. But the truth of the matter is that situps and crunches are a waste of your time. As a matter of fact, these exercises can actually be harmful and you could end up hurting your low back.
If it is a six pack and a well-defined body are what you are looking for, there is a much more effective way to do it. Interval training and full body exercises are the way to go.
Craig Ballantyne of Turbulence Training is a great fat burning and sculpting workout below. Give it a try and let me know how it goes for you, I’m sure they’ll see great results.
In Craig’s fat burning workout there are nine total body exercises, all done in a circuit type fashion.What this means is, each exercise and be performed one after the other. There is no rest between exercises.
For the best fat burning results, get away from the crunches and the long slow cardio and start burning belly fat with Turbulence Training workouts click the link below.
Click Here –> Turbulence Training For Abs
- kettlebell swings – done with 2-hands, power up the kettlebell with the hips. Drive them back and power them back up.
- Push Ups – without taking a break jump right into the push ups
- stability ball pike - with the pike you’ll have your feet on the ball in your hands on the floor, from there, you’ll drive your hips in the air as you pull the ball in finishing in a pike position. With this exercise you’re trying to get your hips as high as possible.
- stability ball back extensions - Still moving from exercise to exercise a break we are now into the stability ball extensions. Your feet will be braced on something stable like a wall and your hips will be placed on the ball, hands behind your head raise yourself up and back down.
- 1-arm kettlebell swing – Just like the two are kettlebell swings use your hips to drive the weight. Complete all reps on one side and then switch to the other.
- close grip pushups – This is a burnout exercise, and to do as many as you can. Make sure you talked the elbows so your arms are nice and tight to your sides and your hands are close.
- stability ball leg curls – Still no rest move right into the leg curls, feet up on a ball, bridge your hips up, arms out to the sides, curl the ball while keeping your hips up as high as possible, complete 20 reps.
- stability ball rollout – Flip over put your arms on the ball start in an upright position and role the ball out. Stretch out as far as you can keep your abs tight and contract them as you pull the ball back in.
- sprint – If you can’t sprint behind the run-in place or finish with burppies.
In most cases, although you aren’t directly targeting your abdominals, you are still required to brace them which in turn
indirectly works your abdominals for a powerfully efficient abdominal workout.
If you want maximum fat burning results, switch from crunches and cardio to the belly fat burning Turbulence Training workouts click the link below.